Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas blog post..I'm it!

Okay, to be fair, I was tagged by Ami Mental, and I did NOT read her answers first, so I guess you could say I don't even have any cheats (as usual with memes)... oh and if you want to play, go visit Ami and drop to the bottom of her post, she has the questions all broken out for you so you don't have to delete my answers to get the questions, bonus! She gets visitors then!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I would love to use gifts to wrap gifts (towels, etc) but usually paper
2. Real tree or Artificial? at this point artificial although if we have our own house and a pond, we will get a real one and then 'drown' the tree to make a habitat for fish and tadpoles, recycling and eco friendly all at once
3. When do you put up the tree? my husband usually does the day after thanksgiving but this year we arent quite there yet-- a newborn does that to you
4. When do you take the tree down? whenever we get around to it, but since we have it up so long, usually I'm ready for it to go the week after Christmas
5. Do you like eggnog? I've never had it, but I seriously, seriously doubt it
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Wow that's hard, we never had anything super awesome so I'll say a bike, that year it was in the 50s on Christmas with no snow so I could ride my bike all day.
7. Hardest person to buy for? my husband because he never says what he wants, and/or we buy him everything he wants ahead of time
8. Easiest person to buy for? my mom--she never complains and she always has a list and tells you a ton in advance what she would like.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? no but I kind of wish I had one--another one of those things, like an advent calendar, that we'll probably do when KJ is a little older
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? mail, if I can get to it this year
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? probably something from my grandmother, in the early stages of alzheimers, although I have found that some things she gave me that I didnt appreciate at the time, that I cherish now...
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Santa Clause movies with Tim Allen in them. Make me happy every single time I watch them.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I wish I could say early, but not this year, I did some online shopping late November and will have to finish with grabbing some things at a store or by rushing to order stuff online...
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Food, although if you are looking for GOOD candy canes, Bob's is the way to go. Spangler candy canes suck. Seriously. Suck.
16. What decorations are on your tree? Ornaments from my childhood, my husband's childhood, and one for each year we have been together as a couple. This year we add only for Keeley's first year, and a new one for us called 'baby time' which is a clock which basically says feed baby diaper baby over and over again in place of the numbers.
17. Favorite Christmas song? all of them.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Travel before or after, stay home on the day.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? well I could, but that would take forever, the ones we usually know about though are Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen (of course, don't forget Rudolph)... and Chet (reference to the Santa Clause movies)...
20. Angel on top of tree or star? Angel.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Morning, although maybe just a small one of Christmas eve.. maybe
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People are in bad moods instead of good moods
23 What theme or color are you using when you decorate? Red and green?
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Food, all kinds of food
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Sleep, nursing bras, and less sore breasts, oh yeah, also i want my baby to breastfeed and go to sleep instead of taking 2 hours.

No comments: