Wednesday, March 7, 2007

A little about me

Knowledge without experience is just information-Mark Twain http://theripplesproject.org/who.php for quotes and a weekly "ripple" in your email
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've seen a lot of blogs that start out with quotes so I thought I would start out this post with one. My goal is to tell you a little bit about myself, so here goes: I have graduated from college, I have a Mr. Mouse, I currently have a job, I have a large extended family and very weird friends. No, no munchkin mice running around. You'll just have to be patient and wait for that...

In college I was part of the "housing geeks" that thought living on campus was great and that everyone should get involved in leadership opportunities on campus by whatever means possible. That means staying up until 3 in the morning working on a homecoming float with 5 other people and setting an alarm for 5AM to get it in place for the parade. That means dealing with every crazy person who thought at the time that college was the be-all and end-all and therefore everything was super important--even if it wasn't.. and if I hear one more sports metaphor for getting the job done I'm going run screaming in the other direction.

I still think college is an important step for kids wanting to get ahead and I have goals that I hope will help me further my own career. Right now my life is really up in the air. I'm like a marionette, waiting for the other string to be pulled. At this point, I have long since discovered that Plan A never goes right, that Plan B sucks, and that I may as well figure out Plans C,D, E, and F while I'm at it. Ususally I do that with my partner in crime...

No comments: