Monday, August 6, 2007

Fun Monday-Show us your aprons!

Okay, so mscellania is hosting Fun Monday this week. She says: So in case anyone has forgotten I wanted you to 'show your aprons' it can be your favourite or an unusual one or more than one. Be creative as you like; and secondly if, like me, you have lots of 'tea towels' that are brand new (or could be an old favourite) I would like to see those as well and hear the story behind the picture- was it a gift from a holiday, a present from auntie that you only use when she visits etc...........

So here goes:my mommy made my apron. It's got sunflowers on it. It has ties around the middle to fasten in back (future pregnancy will render them useless) and a button at the neck, which keeps it on and my clothes clean. I have a potholder that matches as well, but it's not pictured. What is pictured is 2 loaves of banana bread (one with pecans, one without for me and my brace-faced hubby) and my fancy knife, i recommend that everyone get one. Ask for it for a holiday gift if you can't buy it yourself. I did so and it's one of my favorite presents ever! I have quite a few tea towels, including ones made by my grandmother, and some I've been planning on making from here. I made some for my friend Tricia for her wedding, they were sea and dolphin type because she was a marine biology major. She married a farmer. Yeah, long story, but she's great. I wish she blogged too. I wish I had both more aprons and more towels nice and fancy stitched. I love them! Update--hopefully better pictures!


15 comments:

Debs said...

I love the fact that you made your friend some towels. I love gifts that are made from the heart. :)

What did you make? It looks yummy.

Beccy said...

How lovely that your mum made your apron. I like to make gifts as I think it means more.

Kaytabug said...

I'd love to see a clearer pic of the apron, the fuzzy version looks like it is gorgeous, how could it not with sunflowers on it? Oh I love banana nut bread, I haven't made any for months...it's time!

Pamela said...

I'll have the piece with pecan, please.

you'll have to get some extenders for pregnancy

ChrisB said...

That is so sweet that your mum made your apron- I hope Beccy and Sam don't get ideas!! I've just got back from shopping (not had any lunch) and I could just eat a piece of banana bread yummy!!

MommaBoo said...

I wanna piece of "nanner bread! YUM!

Thanks for sharing with us!

Happy Monday & rest of the week!

Anonymous said...

Presents made my mommy with love are the BEST!!

Um, may I have a slice of banana bread please?

Too forward? M'kay. Sorry.

katy said...

love sunflowers, a very pretty apron, now please send me some cake, pretty please

Anonymous said...

Love the apron--even more so since your Mom made it!!

Bread? Looks awesome!!

Anonymous said...

MMmmmm love me some good banana bread! The apron your mom made you looks very nice. Like the colour of blue.

Anonymous said...

Hand over the banana bread and no one gets hurt.

theotherbear said...

I love banana bread. I'll take the one with no nuts.

Tiggerlane said...

Cute apron!

But I just gained five pounds looking at the bread...yum!

Beckie said...

Now that is the kind of apron I remember. Good one!

Anonymous said...

It's still Monday, somewhere, right?? I wasn't here then, I posted late, so I'm clicking around to see all the aprons as I can.

Sunflowers are such HAPPY flowers--what a great pattern for the kitchen.

As for the banana bread? I'll take the nutty variety, or whatever happens to be left by now.