Saturday, October 27, 2007

Fun Monday - Can't Leave Home Without It - and some Inspiration

Candid Karina is hosting fun Monday. This week's assignment: The items we cannot leave home without. What weighs down our purses and pockets.
I would list 6 items that I would always carry in my purse.
1. kleenex- for sad songs, weddings, funerals, and other non-sappy emergencies
2. gum- for fresh breath, boredom, or keeping onself awake
3. cell phone- for keeping in touch
4. keys- obviously
5. pill container- it's a little tupperware bowl and I used to keep it stocked with excedrin migraine. Since I gave up caffeine it has sinus pills and tylenol extra strength in it. It's such a small container and very handy
and last but not least...lately I've been keep these from this website
6. Ripples cards-they are inspirational cards with quotes on them that you hand out to people who inspire you or maybe to someone who needs your support. You can sign up at the Ripples website for a (very) brief Monday inspirational quote newsletter. Today's issue and subscription information is below:

Ripples v9.44: Walls or Windmills?

10/29/07: a free weekly splash from Paul & The Ripples Project

PEBBLE: When the winds of change blow, some people build walls and others build windmills.-Chinese proverb, submitted by Kathleen H-D., Kansas City

BOULDER: It takes a lot of courageto release the familiar and seemingly secure,to embrace the new.But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.There is more security in the adventurous and exciting,for in movement there is life, andin change there is power.-Alan Cohen, submitted by Dana A. Neillsville WI

PONDER: I chose this week's theme for a few people I know who are making some big decisions this week and for anyone else who is facing change.Halloween is upon us, so let me say it this way: If fear is attempting to TRICK you into building walls, give yourself a TREAT by pondering the magnificent possibilities that "winds of change" might be carrying your way. Perhaps a windmill may be more useful tool than a wall to harness the power of the wind.Good luck, and good skill in making your decision!Peace,Paul

15 comments:

Jodi said...

The Ripple Cards are a very nice thing to have...

Happy Monday!

Unknown said...

I like the Ripple cards. Very sweet. Oh, to answer your question here are my top 5 things you need with a kid: 1. Diapee & Wippees Case 2. Bumbo 3. Floppy Seat 4. Jumperoo 5. lots of Sandra Boynton books.

Junebug said...

My daughter has a Sony Erikson phone too. I forgot to mention that I take my keys and phone everywhere too.

Anonymous said...

I like the cards. The pill container is cute!!

Unknown said...

You do travel light. Like the ripple cards, neat idea.

Sandy said...

I love the Ripples! What a great idea. Thanks for sharing it and the rest of your necessities.

Anonymous said...

My mom sold tuperware years ago and I wanted one of those little bity bowls in the worst way...not that I had any use for one or anything. It's just so darn cute!

ChrisB said...

The ripples cards are a lovely idea I have read this one before, it fits well into this post.

Retrohipster said...

lol, I have an industrial size bottle of 250 excederin migraine in my classroom. I would forget it at home if it wasn't there!!!

Princess Jewelee said...

the Ripples cardsd are awesome, my mom has thse coins she gives out kinda like that

Unknown said...

I have never seen ripple cards. Neat idea! I haven't seen anyone else carrying those, I think it's the most unique thing I've seen for fun Monday yet!

Pamela said...

interesting concept ..the cards. What do people do when you give them out. Perhaps you've covered that in another post.

How does the Tylenol work for you? It has never helped me when I've had aches pains or headache. I think I'm immune to it.

Karina said...

Oh, I love the ideas of the ripples cards! Great idea!!!

Anonymous said...

My wife used to sell Tupperware and had a bunch of those little bowl keychains. Everyone wanted one. They are very handy.

You are one of the minimalists this Fun Monday. Most have everything in their purses including a kitchen sink :-)

Amy W said...

Those ripple cards sound interesting...