Monday, November 19, 2007

Fun Monday -Embarrasing Story

Karisma is hosting Fun Monday. She wants to know: I want you to take a trip down memory lane, and keep right on going, right back to your childhood. And I want to hear "THAT STORY". You remember the one? Yes, you do! The one your parents, siblings, extended family or friends, would never let you forget, live down or get over!" I'm going to cheat on this one since I can't think of anything anyone still talks about...

I have a hard time thinking of anything that I did that no-one would let me live down. Although I can think of 3 things - all related to music that make me go - no I didnt do that, although I really did.

1. "Baby's got her blue jeans on" -It's a country song about a girl that stops traffic in her blue jeans. Yup as a little kid I went and put my blue jeans on and danced in the kitchen. I wanted someone to think I was that hot.

2. Singing in the shower - yup 2 older brothers outside in the kitchen listening as I'm beebopping my own made-up song about being in love with someone. Never sang in the shower again. They were laughing so hard when I came out.

3. Wrote a song - left it laying out. I wrote a note on the corner reminding myself to show a friend of my A from high school. I left it laying on my desk and my mom was in there just a bit too long to be plausible. From something my mom said one day in the last year or so, she thought I had a real crush on the guy - he was just really into music (gay) although no one would have dared to say it out loud 10 years ago, I got a message from him recently and he's in a good relationship. Yeah! More love in this world.

And the song, well I can only remember 2 verses and a part of the third -I'm guessing on that first line there (yup I was hung up on being a virgin - so what, I was like 16)... hey at least it wasn't depressing poetry that took up 99% of the time from age 12-18... here it is.... think Sarah McLachlan singing it- that's how I hear it anyway. The point was that ... well I don't know, like you can be in love with someone and not know them? Be in love before you meet the person... this was NOT written ABOUT anyone.. more about that someone special I'd meet one day. Oh and I did, I married my own crazy lover. And I'm so glad I did.

Crazy Lover

You sent me roses
one every hour
can you imagine my surprise
when the first flower arrived, at noon.

At midnight I was crawling into bed and
and you showed up at my door with the last rose.

Then you kissed my hand and slipped away beneath the moon.

You're my crazy lover,
even though we've never slept together
you're my crazy lover
in my dreams

...As I wake up to the dawn
And I reach out to find you gone..

You're my crazy lover,
even though we've never slept together
you're my crazy lover
in my dreams

18 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I love the chorus of your song...that's a hoot. And your brothers laughing at you singing in the shower?---mine did the same. But, I say: "Who cares?" LOL

kitten said...

Hey! I use to sing in the shower! I have always loved to sing, but can't sing. But I would sing to make my brother M. mad. I use to write poems and music all the time also, but can't for the life of me do it now. LOL! I did let one guy look at one of my songs and he changed the words a little and made a hit song. Yep, that was the end of my writing. Now I'm writing a book, because I like to write, but nobody's getting their nappy hands on it and getting credit even if I don't get credit, it's mine!!!! LOL!

thefoodsnob said...

Sounds like a lot of music in your life!

Lisa

Sauntering Soul said...

The blue jeans story is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Great stories - all of them. :-)

Unknown said...

Older brothers suck like that. And, I dig the song.

Robocop said...

There is nothing wrong with singing in the shower.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I didn't have any brothers to tease me! Although - my younger sisters did too.

Pamela said...

You could still put it to music... and then.. YES AND THEN... sing it on your blog.

Tiggerlane said...

I don't even know the tune - but now this is stuck in my head - "Crazy lover..." I think it could have been a hit!

Sandy said...

Great post - thanks!

Jenni said...

I can remember thinking the same thing about some song and talking my dad into buying me a certain pair of jeans because I thought they'd make me look "hot" like the girl in the song. It wasn't that song, but I can't remember what it was. Well, I was only 9 at the time, and the look I got was more dorky than anything else. Really I wasn't even interested in boys thinking I looked cute, I just wanted to look like some pretty grown woman, though why I didn't have a clue.

I'm sorry but I don't think I can bring myself to share some of the ridiculous garbage I wrote and labeled poetry when I was younger. You are so brave. And that chorus is a riot. What a sweet, innocent kid you were:o)

the planet of janet said...

i still sing in the shower ;-)

Anonymous said...

I remember that song and of course thinking it was written about me!!!

Peter said...

Hi Jill, good story's and Crazy Lover could still be a hit.

Jo Beaufoix said...

Ahhh so cute. Thanks for sharing. I wrote songs when I was younger too.

Kaytabug said...

Awesome stories!

Debs said...

I remember the song "Baby's got her Blue Jeans On" I think we all want someone to think we are that hot. :D