Monday, November 26, 2007

Fun Monday - I'll show you mine if you show me yours...

Blue Momma says: I want you to show me your......projects. More to the point, I want to see your unfinished projects. I have so many that I really need some reassurance that I'm not the only one. Home improvement projects are what I have in mind, but it you don't have any of those show me any kind of project - needlework, cooking, scrapbooking, etc. You can even show me your spouse if they qualify as a work in process.


Well, let's see, right now all I have that's unfinished is shopping and decorating for Christmas.** You can see the horsey cane and Santa Kiss on there in place of ornaments. We need to buy more lights to replace old ones that have duct tape on them. We havent had a big tree since 2003.

My parents have a ton more projects, but right before Thanksgiving my husband helped them finish one. The short story is, all the pieces were there to finally finish the ceiling in their basement bathroom, but no one got around to putting them up. He took Wednesday off from work and besides helping set up tables and such, he spent the whole afternoon finishing the track pieces and putting the ceiling tiles in. He even tracked down the local heating guy for them and got him to work up a piece to make the vent drop down to the drop ceiling and went and picked it up just before dinner. He put it in so dad could see it before dinner. Mom was so happy she made him a pie. Apple pie. After Thanksgiving. As a bonus. Isn't that nice? Three years ago we painted the bathroom right before Thanksgiving and this time we got the ceiling in. It's finally finished. Now all the other projects are going to have to fall into line. Mom's planning on moving into the basement soon and tearing up the upstairs and redoing it. At this point, I wish we lived closer so we could help. Or that Oprah would come help them redo it. Sigh.

A special bonus picture of the reindeer I got for Christmas a long time ago when Matthew and I were dating. He always gets a big hug and a shake when he comes out of the box (he has a bell on his collar) and then he gets a good seat somewhere near the action so he can see what's going on. I know, it's silly. At the end of the season he gets tucked back away with the Christmas ornaments until the next year.

** Okay so I'm totally lying, but my camera battery died again. I guess that goes on the list for things to buy. Darnit. Umm yes, I do have 2 scrapbooks that I would be much further along with if our printer would suck (pull in) photo paper and print on it. Don't know why it wont, it just won't. I have one almost finished for my hubby and a second one for my lil sis in law to be completed for her for High School graduation present. Shh. It's a surprise. Anyway, those are my 2 undone projects. That's the truth!

9 comments:

Sandy said...

My printer does the SAME thing! Sucks the paper in, spits it out and tells me that I need paper! ARGGGHHHH!

I love the reindeer and that you are so careful with it.

Debs said...

I still have to decorate more for Christmas. :D

Anonymous said...

It's nice that you help your parents out like that. I've painted for mine, but that's about it.

And I wanna see the tree when it's all done!

kitten said...

I have got to declutter again before I can even think of Christmas. How does ones house get so messy?!?

Tiggerlane said...

I HAVE to put up our tree this week before hubby nixes the idea...that's my project. I WILL FINISH. Thanks for reminding me!

Unknown said...

The tree is up over here, but that's about it. I don't know how much I'm pulling out, when I know we aren't going to be here for 10 days.

Scrapbooking? I'm ashamed to say I still have pages of pregnancy that haven't been completed. I'm so behind, it's almost a crash & burn..

Anonymous said...

Our tree is going up the weekend of the 7th so you're way ahead of me. And I think it's so sweet you help your parents out like that!

Pamela said...

I believed you when you said all you had to do was shop.

Then.. you started talking about all that other stuff and I became breathless.



Re Christmas: maybe we'll put out our Santa collection. And maybe a wreath on the door.

Karina said...

I totally have the same angel on top of my tree. Well, I will, when I put my tree up...this weekend...maybe...haha

And I love the reindeer...too cute!

By the way, I answered your question on my blog today (the one you asked at the beginning of the month).