Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Big girls don't cry...because they're penalized for even looking like they cry.. big boys cry and get votes...

I have to agree with Megan on this one. What is it with the double standard in this crazy friggin place? A man cries and it's good strategy. A woman is passionate and choked up with love for her country and expresses her true desire to make a better life for the people of her country... but doesn't cry... and she's too emotional and that jeopardizes her candidacy? GET A LIFE PEOPLE!!!!

Make up your mind! Is she too hard or too soft? Or is it just patriarchy doing all that it can to demean a female candidate because they're so hung up on their penises that they're afraid if a woman gets any power that all men will be emasculated? Come on folks. It's much simpler than that.

India, Palestine, Great Britain, Pakistan, Dominican Republic, Norway, Nicaragua, Ireland, New Zealand, Finland, Sri Lanka, Central African Republic, Yugoslavia, Bangladesh, Poland, Turkey, Senegal, South Korea, Argentina, Iceland, Malta, The Philippines, Guyana, Switzerland, Latvia, Panama and Indonesia.

All these countries have benefited from female leaders -- and at last check, they are all still producing babies..so the men haven't lost their penises yet.

7 comments:

Megan H said...

Thanks for linking to my post. I am glad somebody agrees with me!!

ChrisB said...

Our media has been full of this yesterday and today. Definitely double standards!

Beccy said...

I must be on another planet because I've missed it all.

Beccy said...

I must be on another planet because I've missed it all.

Debs said...

I was saying the same thing today. I feel for women it is darn if you do and darn if you don't.

People like to pick the details to death because Clinton is female.

The double standard is Just a pet peeve of mine.

3XMom said...

I so agree too. I am not a Hillary fan but geez, the woman shows she is human (exhausted, completely spent) and the media jumps all overit. Please, its not like she was hysterical. Such a double standard!

Anonymous said...

3xmom said exactly what I was going to say.