Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I'm watching you...

Hey I just found all the free do-hickeys (okay my super smart awesome husband did) so I can track how many people visit and why and such. Wow. I have 18 people that ON PURPOSE subscribe to 'read' me. How awesome is that! THANK YOU! for visiting me! Okay, enough exclamation points...

The temperature outside -- 1 degree, the wind chill, is in the double digits. I have known for my adult life that when I wake up to an alarm or noise and I DON'T want to get out of bed, that there is a direct weather related cause. Seriously. I'm not lazy and usually my bladder pushes me up out of bed anyway... but today, I woke up 10 minutes before the mister's alarm and buried my head. Duh, it's friggin cold outside. I finally decided to go ahead and get up, although I really didn't want to. I had already set out the stuff for his lunch and coffee cup, so I filled the containers so he'd have time to like, brush his teeth before setting out. Since no one was there at work and he had run out of stuff to do, he took Monday 'off ' which means he'll have to get the combined rest of 32 hours in 3 days. yikes. He did get 8 hours of holiday credit, thankfully he didnt have to make that up. I'll have to find something nice and warm to feed him for dinner. He'll probably be shivering all over the place when he gets home. That is, if the weather stays this friggin cold.

Today I need to create a shopping list to stock the larder/fill the pantry. Lately I've been using words that occur to me that my husband doesn't know. It's quite fun to see him go 'what...?' Larder is one of them... crag was another (you know, like a surface of a cliff is craggy) ... I think it comes from reading the semi-romance novels [i'm sure you know the type, beautiful English girl is mistreated when her family disappears and wealthy older bachelor takes her in and falls for her] that type -- and I found a whole new slew of words for my vocabulary all those years ago, I'm just taking advantage of it now. That's why I still get most of what ChrisB is saying, although I must admit, some of it does still come from context...

Other than that I guess I'll be doing my workout, huddling under blankets and checking out all the awesome people on Blog365. There's still time to join, just click the link to Blog365 and come on over to the 'dark side' - just kidding. But if we're not all better writers by the end of this, there will be something desperately wrong. Thanks for visiting, and as always at the mouse house, the cheese is on us...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how crisp the air is when it's this cold. :) But I stay inside a lot as I know it's dangerous.

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

I don't envy your husband having to work outside in this weather....it's freezing over this side of the pond too!

Beccy said...

It's funny you talking about those words that I would know (though rarely use)!

Happy new year.

ChrisB said...

Sometimes I do think about whether others will understand my lingo. But I'm glad you can get the gist of it!

Anonymous said...

I wish it were colder here now (I'm in SW Ohio). It *was* cold, and it was nice to actually wear the clothing intended for that kind of weather. Now it's spring-like and, well, weird.

Eek, your husband has to work outside?? That's bad in extreme temps!

Jill said...

i really should note that my hubby doesnt work OUTSIDE! He is a software engineer... he has an old bronco (see pic on blog365 page) that doesnt have a very good heater, so he's always cold when he gets home... sorry folks! Lil Mouse