Thursday, January 10, 2008

Book Review - 1st to Die by James Patterson

1st to Die is the inaugural book in a series that inspired the Women's Murder Club which airs on ABC. After having seen the show, I can't picture the kick-ass Inspector Lindsey Boxer as anyone other than Angie Harmon.

All that aside, this is a great first book in the series, it makes you want to keep reading. Taking place in San Francisco, Lindsey and her friends, all women in high positions in fields such as law enforcement set out to try and catch a killer who has been murdering and defiling newly wed couples --- an unthinkable and unforgiveable crime. They meet after hours and pore over clues related to the crime, racing the clock and trying to keep more couples from the same tragic fate. In some ways, they even best their male counterparts, something any woman can appreciate!

This is not without intrigue, sexual chemistry, or girl talks, so if you like any of the above, you will love this book! I can't wait to read the 2nd in the series! 2nd Chance!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Women's Murder Club series (and the show!) and I love James Patterson's other series as well! My hubby bought me the new Alex Cross book "Double Cross" for Christmas and I don't think anyone has ever gotten that excited over a book before! All the other books in the Murder Club series are great! You'll love them all. :)

Joy T. said...

I used to read James Patterson all the time but for some reason stopped. It could be the fourteen million other authors I've found as I hear you on the love of reading. I've forgotten what a great author James Patterson is and might have to look him up the next time I'm in the bookstore.

Pamela said...

Okay. write that one down on my list of To Reads.

Sometimes I think Harmon is to bony. She is all sharp angles and hard. I guess that is perfect for her character.