Saturday, January 26, 2008

SC Dems Vote.. Pundits ignore America's issues...

Once again I'm thoroughly disgusted by the so-called "know it alls" that front the CNN tv coverage for the primary results. Coverage is slated to last from 6-9 p.m. The countdown from (when I turned it over at 6 pm) 25 seconds down to zero, and then, they declare the winner. What? Why would you do that when coverage JUST started? All the votes aren't in, not by a long shot. It's not that I doubt their numbers either...

I personally don't care who wins SC. I just don't. I don't live there so I'm not as invested in it as I was in Iowa. I'm invested because I care about my country and the direction it is going to hopefully turn (more peaceful, better health care, better for mothers and those caring for elderly family members, and of course, education) . So it's not JUST that they announced it first thing.

It's the superficiality of it all: 'who won the black's vote' and ' who won the women's vote', this is NOT acceptable to me. Sure, it might be a minor point of interest, but to spend valuable time that could be focused on the issues, hey how about an exit poll discussion that has to do with WHAT ISSUES are important? Wouldn't it be nice to know WHY people are voting for their designated candidate?

To be fair, after 10 minutes of this ridiculous superficial crap, I turned the station. It was clear that the discussion was just going to continue. I'd had enough.

Pundits, you suck. How about getting real with American issues and quit trying to 'artifically' pit these candidates against each other in the American people's eyes. How about using 5 minutes of your 3 hours to comment on the things the candidates are doing right?

2 comments:

kitten said...

I guess I need to pay closer attention to who's gonna be our President but I haven't.

Ami said...

It's important for the peons to have an enemy. Since that's not always true, the pundits, the politicians, and the complete morons-who-wanna-pretend-they're-journalists create the us vs them mentality they so need to see.

It's really a sad state of affairs if you ask me.