Sunday, January 6, 2008

Dress Found!

Hey guys, a follow up to my post from yesterday, I did find a dress! I left my husband at home (which he thanked me profusely for when I returned, dress and new clutch in hand), and it only took 3 hours, 4 stores, and about 50 dresses, but I did it!

I finally OWN a little black dress!

Now I just have to figure out the details. The knee length dress has spaghetti straps, a plunging sweetheart neckline and a black and white ribbon sash just below the bust. Time to go bra shopping! Then, accessories. I bought the clutch yesterday, which is a soft black to match the dress, I'm not sure if i'll try and embellish that or just leave it plain and let my jewelry do the talking. I'll need a necklace of some sort. I do have a couple of pairs of earrings that might work, depending on the look I want to try and pull off.

Any ideas?

Oh and the fabric flows away from the body, which hides the little belly I'm still trying to work off. I'm so excited! I have some fairly plain black heels with a faux croc detail on the toe and a small non-shiny grey metal buckle, which I may just wear bare legged/footed.

I don't think I could be more excited, well, if my belly was all gone and it was actually going to be WARM instead of like, negative zero (I know that's not a real number) and I could wear some new strappy sandals, that would be even better... maybe on our vacation later this winter...

1 comment:

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

Less is definitely more when it comes to looking the business. I would wear some simple jewellery - matching earings and necklace if you have them - and leave it at that. Having no idea what you look like (so please don't take offence!) but if you have long hair put it up in a sleek chignon and you will look the bees knees.....but I'm sure you will anyway because the dress sounds lovely!